Friday, March 21, 2008

A Buddhist Viewpoint

I came across this post in Marshall Goldsmith's blog. I have been a fan of Dr Goldsmith for some time. He has written a number of articles in Fast Company, one of my favorite magazines.

One quote I liked is "We cannot promise to do everything that people suggest we should do. We can promise to listen to our key stakeholders, think about their ideas, and do what we can. This is all that we can promise – and this is all that they expect."

A leadership guru I know says there is no bad feedback. Keep this in mind next time someone gives you advice and remember there's always room for improvement.

1 comment:

James said...

A great program based on Marshall's latest book. This company also offers a full day workshop taught by Marshall himself

http://www.linkageinc.com/disl/preview_demo.aspx?a=126a3d66-fd79-4570-890b-d10cd34ca3c9