Tuesday, December 01, 2009

Not Waiting for Great

Wired Magazine had an interesting article in the September issue titled The Good Enough Revolution. The article discussed how people are no longer demanding the best, but things that are good, portable, cheap options. Music was one example they used; most people prefer the low quality of MP3s over the higher quality a record can deliver because MP3s are more portable.

This is actually a theme I try to push with my clients. We could spend 9 months building an application with all the bells and whistles or 3 months delivering just the important stuff. It's much cheaper, and if you deliver faster, you realize the benefits sooner. I'll admit I don't have a 100% success rate at getting clients to see my perspective, but I'll keep trying.

No comments: