Sunday, November 16, 2008

Relationships

"Whether we like it or not, there is hardly a moment of our live in which we do not benefit from others' activities" - The Dalai Lama

I've had a couple of team building activies on my project recently. Last week one of my developers rolled off the project, so we had a farewell dinner for him. A couple of weeks ago, it was a taping of the Late Night Show with David Letterman. This week we are going to go out as a team after work and catch the latest James Bond movie.

As project managers, we would be nowhere without our team. I am fortunate that at Lombardi Software, I am surrounded by a bunch of really smart people that can't help but make me look good. It lets me fit that roll of servant-leader, trying to do my best to see that they have everything they need to be successful.

So what have you done for your team recently? Have you told them how much you appreciate them? Have you taken them out for dinner?

1 comment:

Mariposa said...

Hi Bob,

I always take care of my team...and I always make sure I treat them to dinner or lunch once in awhile...and in fact I don't miss any of their birthdays...that was my previous team I am talking about.

It is unfortunate that in my current workplace I am not having the type of colleagues you have. Though I struggle to be of help...it is always different when you are welcomed and that they value your contribution at face value...not like pretend it's not contributing anything, and you just found out months after that it was presented to the client by your boss not even mentioning you, and not even mentioning it to you!

Sorry for the rant...just wanted to say, I am glad you have a nice team with you...and remembering what you said about losing a job early this year and finding this one. I pray to have something better! :)