Sunday, July 29, 2007

In the Land of Gandhi

I have been in Bangalore, India for the past week. Today's newspaper had an article about Gandhi. He once said “My life is my message.”

So what's the message we are conveying? As project managers, we should be leaders. Are we thinking about all the aspects of that role?

As I've spent time with people here, I have given pause to a number of things I have done without thinking. Even something like eating meat or having a beer with dinner. Just because we've always done something doesn't mean we have to keep doing it. And when someone's different, we should take the time to understand why. Being in a place like India really gives me the chance to understand another culture.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I enjoy this blog very much. I blog about the new workforce ("Workforce 2.0") at www.talentontarget.com. My blog often discusses globalization, and I can't help but think that a Zen approach and other Eastern thinking must begin to pervade the ways we manage people and work as the world becomes more globalized. So I think you are on to something important by uniting these concepts in your blog. Would you like to trade links on our blog rolls? Rudolf Melik, CEO, Tenrox