Saturday, May 13, 2006

PMI EMEA Congress

I've just gotten back home after traveling to Madrid to attend the PMI EMEA Congress. The turnout this year was great! They had over 700 attendees. Madrid was a beautiful city, lots of old world charm. The tapas and cervecas were always good.

The topics were across the board from an introductory explanation of how to calculate slack on a network diagram to advance techniques for conducting reviews during software development projects (waterfall and agile). One of my favorite papers, by Dr Al Zeitoun my friend Janet Burns was titled "Cocktail Napkin Project Management" providing a simple approach for project management for people that aren't professional project managers.

I think it's time for me to go study a cocktail napkin or two. Cheers.

No comments: