Friday, March 13, 2009

Where's the fire?

Seth Godin had an interesting blog post called How Far Away is your Emergency. His premise is that we don't address things until they become an emergency, but if we addressed them sooner, they would never become an emergency.

They say the best time to look for a job is when you don't need one. And the best time to invest in a new Purple Cow is when you're still milking the old one.

I had my first race of the season this past weekend, an off road duathlon. I didn't do bad, but it was a tough race. So now I have to think about how to train through March and April, so that when I get to some of the bigger races in the summer, I'm prepared for them. Trying to cram your training into the weeks before the race doesn't work, the emergency is to close.

No comments: