Monday, October 15, 2007

Blog Action Day - The Environment

Today is Blog Action Day, an attempt to get bloggers from around the world to write on a single topic. The topic today is the environment.

I thought I would share some of the things I have been doing to do my part in helping the environment and reduce my carbon footprint.

I use an electric lawnmower instead of a gas one. Mine uses a power cord, which is a little bit of a hassle to deal with, but better then using a gas mower. I also use a push broom and rake rather then powered accessories to clean up the yard.

I drive a Honda civic, pretty good on the gas mileage. I make sure the tires have enough air and keep it maintained properly. I have also tried to make the effort to ride my bike when I have to make a short trip to the grocery or liquor store. A computer backpack with a padded pocket works well for wine bottles.

Of course there's other stuff like watching the thermostat at home, turning off lights etc. Is there more you can be doing to help the environment?

No comments: